DAY 14 FASTING AND PRAYER SUNDAY SPECIAL ANOINTING SERVICE
Pst. Dr. Samuel Ofori Turkson. 2018-01-21.
MAXIMIZING THE BLESSEDNESS OF PRAYER AND FASTING. (PART 3)
Prayer and fasting confers dominion on every believer that desires to rule. Don’t sell your birthright. Esau gave up his birthright. Lay your belly aside and acquire power.(Gen. 25:17)
Jesus recommended prayer and fasting. (matt 17:21).
PROFITABLE APPROACH TO PRAYER AND FASTING:
- Engage your heart in seeking the face of God: Don’t pray or fast mechanically because everything you engage in with your heart brings results. When your heart is prepared , the answer comes (Prov 16:1). You will find the Lord when your heart is fully engaged.(Jer.29:13, 2 Chron.27:6)
- We must come reminding God of his word which is his will for us: Jer. 29:6 God’s word according to marriage. 1 Jn 4:5. There’s confidence that when we pray according to his will, he will answer. God does not answer prayers not in his will. Jer.33:3 calling on God opens us to great and mighty things.
- We must come with full assurance of faith: Be filled with full assurance of faith that it is done. Heb.10:22, 23 Do not waver in faith and trust that God will answer.
- We must engage in praying for the needs of others: Eph 6:8-18 The good thing you do, same will you get from God especially in praying for someone else.
- We must come confessing and forsaking our sins: Isa 59:1, 2 God’s hands is not short to attend to us but our iniquities are the hindrance. Ps. 66:18 Regarding iniquities in our heart hinders answers to our prayers by God. 1 Jn 1:9, 10 God is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us from all sins, and our prayers will be answered.
BENEFITS OF PRAYER AND FASTING
- It provokes divine guidance: Isa 48:17,21
- It facilitates divine health: Prov 18:14, Isa 58:8 Those who fast lives a healthier life.
- Deliverance from all unwanted habits, addictions and unwanted sins that keep us away from God. Odd addictions: eg. Drinking and abuse of alcohol Eccl 5:7.
- It facilitate answers to our prayers: Isa 58:9. Eze 22:30 Prayer is a one man army – a conquring army. James 5:17, 18 You can stand alone in prayer.
Jesus is Lord.